Dead Meets Lead is every bit and piece of what a challenging zombie-slaying action game should be. Enter the role of the 18th century commander who’s on a mission to obliterate evil, by fighting your way through the island of El Mirando. A mystic plague has consumed the inhabitants of this island and you’ll have to liberate their souls by sword, and travel deep into the island to find and stop the dark minds behind the cursed disease. You’ll have to act, think and move fast if you want to survive the horrors of these wicked parts of the world. And do not hope for any rescue or help, it’s all up to you and you alone!
In the year of our lord 1716, word reached the British shores of a plague like no other that had spread on the overseas islands of El Mirando and Rugged Nest Island. Not before long, the church councils had assembled a force to deal with this new infestation and drive out the evil, since its origin was rumored to be within the dark arts and witchcraft. A ruthless captain was selected as leader for a fleet of vessels filled with god-fearing men, and they were soon on their way across the ocean to liberate the islands.
However, God had other plans, and before the islands were sighted, a storm broke out and the ships were all sent to the depths of the sea. As the only survivor, the captain was washed up on a beach on – oh God’s ways are truly mysterious – one of the very islands he set out to purge. Being a devout Christian, some would even say on the verge of fanatic, the good captain was firmly set on cleansing the island by his own hands…
And this is where you take on the role of the captain and his mission to obliterate the scourge from the islands. Armed with his Spada de lato side-sword, a custom made Halsteiger blunderbuss pistol and an old Bible, you take on several missions on the Islands. Before long you will experience the extent of the plague, how not only humans are affected but animals and other living entities, all turning into dominions of the dark lords. Perhaps you will even venture deep enough into the island to find the restless spirits that has caused this plague themselves, only the brave can tell. But you must hurry, almost all of the villages have been overtaken and only a few can still call themselves human habitats. The challenge is set and the islands eagerly awaits your immortal soul, so all we can say now is;
- Seven deadly weapons (three melee and four ranged), including weapons such as the Mace, Blaster and Hand-cannon.
- The rage system; the more you kill the more furious the captain gets, and there’s not much that can stop the captain when he gets angry!
- Sixteen challenging maps with terrain ranging from sandy beaches, to swamps and villages, and in-land mountain ranges.
- Easy to learn – hard to master gameplay, there’s always something more to learn in DML. Some of the achievements seem impossible at first, but with the right tactics there’s hardly anything the captain can’t do.
- Eleven different types of enemies (including three bosses); from the common zombie and their infected cattle to the more mystic beings dwelling in the shadows on the island!
- 40+ achievements to complete.
- Custom made in-game soundtrack with enthralling tunes by composer Nikolas Sideris from North by Sound.
Graphics card: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
Hard drive: 1 GB free space
Processor: 2 Ghz Dual Core
OS: Windows® XP SP2 / Vista / 7 (32-64 bits)
Memory: 2 GB Ram
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter